Shop in Little Falls, New York ... Save Money, Live Better!
Think Local - Live Local - Live BETTER!
Shop Little Falls, New York is all about promoting and supporting local businesses. It’s about making your hard-earned money go further, fueling the local economy, and helping to preserve the unique character of Little Falls.
Be sure to come to Little Falls on February 20th and enjoy all the great specials and fun events! Be sure to check out these special events on Third Thursday:
- Open Mic Nite, at the Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts from 7-9pm! Come and have fun with friends and express yourself!
- Magic: The Gathering at the LF Community Center from 4-6pm! Magic: The Gathering is a fun fantasy card game combining elements of strategy and luck. All ages and experience levels are welcome. Come and play at the Comunity Center, 524 East Main Street. Bring your own legacy or vintage deck, or loaner decks are available.
- Story Hour for Grown-Ups at Hannah's Signature Cakes, from 5:30-6:30pm! This month, listen to Angela Harris and Dick Friedrich read stories abpout love, one about romantic love and one about love of country.
- Yoga by Donation at Faces of Astarte, from 6-7pm!
- Wine-tasting at West End Liquor and Spirtits!
- Bowl 3 Games for the Price of 2 at Gorge View Lanes, 4-11pm!
For a complete listing of special events and in-store sales and drawing, please see out Third Thursdays page!
Featured Little Falls Business - Faces of Astarte
Faces of Astarte, owned and operated by Christine Shahin, is an Eco-Zen Salon & Spa. Faces of Astarte uses and provides to the public all natural and certified organic products that are effective and produce desired results! The salon’s clients seek natural, non-invasive beauty options for many reasons: they may be chemically sensitive, have cancer or other severe illnesses, or perhaps they are ecologically concerned, or seek therapeutic beauty.
In addition to its salon and spa service, Faces of Astarte offers numerous weekly life-enhancing classes and seminars, to include:
- Crystal Valley Red Tent of Central New York. Come join other women as we rediscover our divine femininity through group led discussions, heart sharings, creative expression and various relaxation techniques. Refreshments. Bring a red textile as an offering to our local the Red Tent Community.
- Belly Dance New Beginners Class!
- Yoga Instruction!
- Yoga Dance for the People! Yoga Dance is a Chakra-based yoga class using movement as a vehicle for healing through joy. It is high intensity, fun and interactive with a fabulous playlist with hits from every decade!
- And many, many more special classes and activities!
Christine is passionate about Personal Body & Planetary Ecology's, where they intersect and co-create. She has been a forerunner in ecological beauty, having founded one of the first all-natural salons in central New York in 1990. By embracing her passions, her intention is to guide seekers to discover their personal beauty through natural health, non-toxic products, and cultural traditions that will in turn build a strong eco-economy and contribute to a legacy of integrated healthy body and planetary ecologies.
Christine is the daughter of an Antiochian Orthodox Priest, wife and a mother of six grown children, advocate of ecological & local living economy, and human rights activist for over two decades. She has lived in Newport for 30 years, and her children attended and contributed to West Canada Valley School. Most recently, Christine ran for County office as the Green Party candidate for the 17th legislative district. Christine explain her passion for involvement, saying: "I am moved by the hydro-fracking issue, I am moved to bring more voices and more choices to elections, I am moved for a strong local economy which is dependent on a healthy ecology and moved to assist citizens in their lives."
Faces of Astarte is located in a lovely brick building at 407 Canal Place, in the scenic arts district of Little Falls. Hours are: Wednesdays & Fridays 10:00 am – 6:00 pm; Thursdays 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm winter / 8:00 pm summer; Saturdays 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, and anytime by appointment. For more information, call 315-868-7960.
Be sure to check back often, to see our current featured Little Falls business!
Flash Flood Update - Thank You Volunteers!
It has been a little over a week since the flash floods of late June and early July devastated the Mohawk Valley and damaged many of the businesses in Little Falls. Fortunately, all of the businesses in Little Falls are now re-opened and serving the local community. We would like to sincerely thank the many, many volunteers from the area who came out and helped to clean up the mud and debris. It was hot, dirty, smelly work, and we greatly appreciate your selflessness and community spirit! It’s people like you make Little Falls and the Mohawk Valley one of the best places to live in the country!
Here are some more photos of the clean-up provided by Elaine Cobb, who tirelessly helped in the clean-up herself:
Businesses in Little Falls Dig Out after Flash Flooding
As you are aware, flash floods swept throughout the Mohawk Valley on June 28, 2013. Many businesses in Little Falls suffered property damage from the water and mud, and several businesses suffered heavy damage.
We are happy to report that most of the local businesses in Little Falls are back in operation, and ready to serve you. The business community of Little Falls would like to thank the many volunteers in the community who came out on Friday to help us dig out of the muck. We cannot name everyone who helped, in part because there were so many of you and in some cases you did not tell us your names, so let us extend a representative thank you to members of Main Street First, many of whom spent the entire day shoveling mud and cleaning up shelves. The spirit of neighbor helping neighbor that so many people in Little Falls brought to life makes us proud to call ourselves members of this proud community!
A big thanks to Darryl Harrington for providing the photos!