Shop in Little Falls, New York ... Save Money, Live Better!
The Shop Little Falls website is all about promoting the local businesses and the fantastic cultural treasures that you can find in scenic Little Falls, New York. This website will help you discover the exciting and unique opportunities for the arts and culture, family fun, and shopping that you can discover in our historic town nestled on the banks of the Mohawk River and Erie Canal.
Be sure to check out the exciting current events on this page, and explore the rest of this website for directories of businesses, as well as some fantastic shopping itineraries and restaurant reviews!
To learn more about the exciting recreational, cultural and heritage tourism opportunities in our fine city, visit the ExploreLittleFalls.com website!
Celebrate Third Thursday in Little Falls on July 21st!
Come down to Sterzinar Park for a good, old fashioned community midsummer's night picnic. Fun, free events include:
- Guerilla Haiku Movement! Cover as much of Little Falls as possible in chalk haiku inspired by the beauty and character of our lovely small city, and document your adventure in photos! 1pm at the library, and 4pm at Canal Place.
- Plein Air Art with Julia Levkovich! Join the creative fun from 4-6pm, all art supplies are provided!
- Classic Kids Races! Three-legged race, egg and spoon race, sack race and more, starting at 4:30pm! Let your kids and grandchildren learn how we had fun back in the "good old days" and they will appreciate their video games even more!
- Colonial Toys and Games! The Herkimer Home will bring awesome colonial-style toys and games for kids to play, from 4:30-7:30pm!
- Solar and Stargazing! See the stars, with the Mohawk Valley Astronomical Society, from 5-10pm!
- Kids Dream Big Talent Show! All acts are five minutes, sign-up at 5pm; the show is 5:30-6:30pm at the Sterzinar Park stage. A microphone and electric piano are provided.
- Story Hour for Grownups! Barbara Albrecht will read selections from Dorthe Nors, about the invisibility of middle-aged women and others on the verge of disappearance, from 5:30-6:30pm at Gansevoort Books.
- Summer Lawn Games! Bocce, croquet and badminton, from 5:30-7:30pm.
- Much Ado About Nothing! Enjoy scenes from this classic Shakespearean play, from 6:30-7pm, at Benton's Landing.
- Jousting! Arm yourself with pool noodles and paint, and join us in the lists for a messy pas d'armes against all comers, from 6:30-7:30pm. Sponsored by the Little Falls Interact Club.
- Rusty Doves! Enjoy the music from 7-9pm at the Sterzinar Park stage!
For all the details, be sure to download the Third Thursday brochure as a pdf file!