Shop in Little Falls, New York ... Save Money, Live Better!
The Shop Little Falls website is all about promoting the local businesses and the fantastic cultural treasures that you can find in scenic Little Falls, New York. This website will help you discover the exciting and unique opportunities for the arts and culture, family fun, and shopping that you can discover in our historic town nestled on the banks of the Mohawk River and Erie Canal.
Be sure to check out the exciting current events on this page, and explore the rest of this website for directories of businesses, as well as some fantastic shopping itineraries and restaurant reviews!
To learn more about the exciting recreational, cultural and heritage tourism opportunities in our fine city, visit the ExploreLittleFalls.com website!
Third Thursday - June 15th
Come out to Little Falls on Thursday, June 15th for the Second Annual Art Walk. Enjoy an evening of great art, fun events and fantastic merchant specials! Here are just some of the really great things to do in Little Falls on this Third Thursday:
- Art Walk! Little Falls, the Art Mecca of the Mohawk Valley, springs to life with high culture as the opera magnae of nearly fifty distinguished local artists are eloquently juxtaposed in the shop windows along our bustling Main Street.
- Featured Artist: Frank Wilcox! Enjoy depictions of nature presented in the expressionist style by beloved local artist Frank Wilcox. The show is at the Berkshire Bank, with open house and refreshments from 4:30-to-6:30pm.
- The Art of Smart Money! Be sure to stop by Van Meter & Van Meter LLC between 4:30 and 6:30pm to enjoy a display of prominent local artists to include Forbes Whiteside, Donna Veeder, Yulia Levkovich, Lutz Schernack, Bob Wilman, Frank Wilcox, Doug Whitfield, and more. Refreshments catered by The Copper Moose and Il Café.
- Story Hour for Grownups! Bob Albrecht reads Ray Carver on whose tombstone is inscribed his life-long wish: "To call myself beloved, to feel myself beloved on Earth."
- Street Entertainment and Buskers! Enjoy the mellifluous sounds of great local musicians and street entertainers, to include: Scott Hartman (Americana and Folk Music), Tavia Hach & Mike Carol (Harp and Flute), Brian Foley (Mentalist), Parni Janan, Charle Lee's Dream, Yulia Levkovich (Portrait Sketches), and Beca Young (Painting Demonstration).
- Vendors' Faire! Welcome adventurers! Be sure to enjoy the free glass blowing demonstration and to browse the fine wares of our local artisans and craftsmen at the Vendors' Faire in the parking lot next to the Italian Feast.
- Children's Activites! Be sure to bring the kids to enjoy the many free or low-cost children's activities.
For all the details, be sure to download the Third Thursday brochure as a pdf file!
The 2017 Art Walk is Sponsered by Dave and Bea Malone, and Dave and Christine Van Meter.