Wilkommen in Little Falls! Get out your lederhosen and dirndl dresses, dust off your beer stein, and put a bow on your weiner dog ... because Oktoberfest comes to Little Falls on Third Thursday, October 15th! Be sure to come down to Main Street to enjoy all the Bavarian-themed fun, to include the awesome polka band Jude's Jets II, free beer, wine and moonshine tastings, a free family movie, professional puppet shows, and MORE!
While you yodel with joy from the overdose of Bavarian culture, be sure to take advantage of some seriously awesome Third Thursday shopping and fun events for the whole family! Here are just a FEW of the really great things for your family to do in Little Falls on this Third Thursday:
- Jude's Jets II Polka Band! Enjoy the awesome music of this regional favorite Polka band from Waymart, Pennsylvania, led by Jude Wasileski. The show starts at 5:30 pm at the HCT Clocktower Park. (In case of rain ,the show will move indoors to the Renaissance).
- Free Puppet Show by the Guild of Thespian Puppets, on 2nd Street behind the Price Chopper from 4:45-to-5:30pm. The Guild of Thespian Puppets is a multifaceted group of whimsical, sometimes cheeky, original hand-made puppets that entertain the world through their quirky and at times educational videos along with live puppet shows for both children and adults. The puppets are backed by an unlikely group of performers, artists, musician, and writers who came together because of their love of entertaining and because it's fun to play with puppets. See the group's website for more information about this exciting and innovative theatrical concept!
- Magic: The Gathering and Pokemon from 4:30pm-til-close, at Dragon's Lair Cards and Comics. All ages and experience levels are welcome.
- Buskers and Mentalist around town on Main Street and Canal Place. Enjoy these talented performers as they entertain you with music and magic on the street in an informal, street-fair setting! For more information on busking, see Busker Central!
- Moonshine Tasting at the Renaissance. Hold on to your lederhosen as you sample this tasty offering of country-style spirits distilled in Herkimer by the DikinDurt Distillery!
- Beer Tasting at the Piccolo Cafe, from 5-to-7pm. Sample the latest fall craft beer offerings! Will Robin wear her Dirndl? Come and find out!
- Wine Tasting at Ann Street Liquor, from 4-to-6pm, featuring German wine and treats!
- Free Family Movie at Valley Cinema at 6pm.
- Historical Society open from 4-to-6pm.
To get ready to party Bavarian style, be sure to brush up on your Oktoberfest German!
For a complete listing of special events and in-store sales and drawings, please download the brochure as a pdf file!