Third Thursdays in Little Falls - Shopping Bargains and Fun for All!
Shopping Small is Growing Large in Little Falls!
Shopper's Alert! The 3rd Thursday Street Festivals fill the historic Main Street District and Canal Place in Little Falls with fun, food, and awesome shopping bargains in the many unique stores!
Yes, every third Thursday of the month, downtown Little Falls throws itself a party! Shops and restaurants stay open late and offer Third Thursday special events. Although this Third Thursday promotion is brand new in Little Falls, we have exciting plans, and hope to grow it to include even more awesome shopping and entertainment opportunities as well as fun and unique events and activities!
Participating locally owned businesses displaying the yellow circle Think Local Little Falls logo will be offering specials, product samples, promotional offers, sale items, workshops, door prizes and/or hospitality. Many of the Third Thursday participating businesses will be Alive After Five to accommodate peoples hectic schedules, and will continue to offer specials.
Third Thursday, April 16th!
Spring is coming, and so is Earth Day! To celebrate Earth Day and encourage us all to "Think Local, Think Green," the Think Local Committee invites people throughout the Mohawk Valley to drive to downtown Little Falls on Third Thursday, April 16th, and help Save the Earth by Thinking Green and SAVING SOME GREEN! Come and enjoy fun cultural events and get really good deals on consumer goods and services! Just a few of the spectacularly Earth-friendly events in Little Falls for this Third Thursday include:
- FREE Movie at Valley Cinema "Think Green" and SAVE SOME GREEN by seeing a free showing of Home, starting at 5pm!
- Open Mic Nite! On Third Thursdays the Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts turns its gallery into a coffee house! Come on down from 7-9pm and share your musical talents, or just come and listen! Musicians can sign-up in advance or at the door, and each act runs 15 minutes. A sound system and piano are available.
- Story Hour for Grown-Ups! Don't miss this really amazing literary event! This month's session features the theme Leaving Home and Finding Home. The fun starts at Gansevoort House Galleries at 5:30pm!
- Little Falls Story Slam! Enjoy an open-mic style story-telling event, with coffee and desserts available for purchase. Sign up at the event to tell your own story; each story-teller will be given approximately 5 minutes. This month's theme is "It's Not Easy Being Green." For more information, contact Scot Nolan at 823-0645.
- Magic the Gathering! What is more Earth-friendly than tapping your Moutains, Plains, Forests, Swamps and Islands ... to get the power to raise hordes of powerful monsters to crush your opponents! Come to That Little Place on Main from 4-6pm for the eco-fun of Magic, The Gathering! Bring your own legacy or vintage deck, or loaner decks are available. All ages and experience levels welcome. NOTE THE NEW LOCATION: That Little Place on Main, 28 West Main Street!
- Meet Local Farmers at the CO-OP! Come to the Little Falls CO-OP starting at 10am to meet local farmers and learn more about how to minimize the impact of the market economy by buying farm products straight from the farm through a local Community Supported Agriculture program.
Get to know our local businesses better, and see all they have to offer! To learn more about additional Third Thursday specials from other Think Local participants, watch for press releases, friend the Think Local Little Falls Facebook page, or visit the Main Street First website for updates!