Third Thursdays in Little Falls - Shopping Bargains and Fun for All!
Shopping Small is Growing Large in Little Falls!
Shopper's Alert! The 3rd Thursday Street Festivals fill the historic Main Street District and Canal Place in Little Falls with fun, food, and awesome shopping bargains in the many unique stores!
Yes, every third Thursday of the month, downtown Little Falls throws itself a party! Shops and restaurants stay open late and offer Third Thursday special events. Although this Third Thursday promotion is brand new in Little Falls, we have exciting plans, and hope to grow it to include even more awesome shopping and entertainment opportunities as well as fun and unique events and activities!
Participating locally owned businesses displaying the yellow circle Think Local Little Falls logo will be offering specials, product samples, promotional offers, sale items, workshops, door prizes and/or hospitality. Many of the Third Thursday participating businesses will be Alive After Five to accommodate peoples hectic schedules, and will continue to offer specials.
Be sure to come to Little Falls on July 17th and enjoy all the great specials and fun events! Be sure to check out these special events on Third Thursday:
- Sidewalk Chalk Art! Professional comic-style graphic artist Eric Maruscak will be BACK in Little Falls to teach a sidewalk chalk art class from 1-to-3:30pm at the Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts, and then he will create another SPECIAL sidewalk art masterpiece in Canal Place during the afternoon and early evening. Be sure to sign up for the class, or at least come down and watch this world-renowned sidewalk artist at work. Normally you would have to attend a Comic-Con event to see this artist at work, but on Third Thursday you can see him in LITTLE FALLS! While you watch this amazing artist perform, grab some chalk, provided for free, and create your own masterpiece on the sidewalk! For more information on Eric Maruscak, visit his website!
- Live Band - Springhouse! Bring your lawn chairs down to Sterzinar Park and sit back and enjoy an eclectic mix of Americana, Celtic, and Folk, from 6:30-to-9pm. Springhouse is a quartet of veteran musicians who have been performing together since 2011. Springhouse plays a wide variety of traditional and contemporary folk and acoustic music. Springhouse brings these diverse performers and styles together to create a delightful and fresh approach to all forms of Traditional American and Celtic Music. “Where American Folk Music meets the Celtic World.” Be sure to visit our Canal Place restaurants and ice cream parlors for refreshments!
- Starving Artists & Crafts Sidewalk Fair! Shop for locally-made crafts and high-quality arts from nearly 20 vendors! Booths will be set up in Canal Place and Sterzinar Park, so come downtown to enjoy the band, see the professional chalk artist, and shop for some amazing arts and crafts swag! This is summer in Little Falls just like the good old days!
- Open Mic Nite For Kids, at Sterzinar Park from 5:30-to-6:30pm! Come down and watch as Miss Mohawk Valley, Lauren Crandall, hosts the areas up and coming young talent in this spectacular outdoor show. If your children have an act to perform, bring them down and let them perform! Come and have fun with friends, and watch as our talented chidren and youth express themselves!
- Free Movie! Come to our hometown movie theater, the Valley Cinema, at 2pm for a FREE showing of Transformers: Age of Extinction! (Editorial note: Good people of Little Falls, we really need to roll-up our sleeves and help this theater convert to digital equipment, or we risk losing this valuable asset to our community! What would the loss of our hometown theater mean to us, to our children, and our to grandchildren?)
- Free Hay Wagon Ride! Come the Herkimer Home for a FREE wagon tour of this lovely and historic park on the homestead of General Herkimer, who led his troops into a famous ambush during the Revolutionary War. The tours start at the Visitor Center at 3pm and again at 4pm.
- Little Falls Reads, Get your complimentary copy of "The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet,"by Jamies Ford, from Gansevoort House Galleries, and participate in the literary discussion at Il Caffé, 410 Canal Place, from 3:30-4:30pm.
- Baseball Heroes! Come out to Canal Place and meet the MV Diamond Dawgs at Canal Place, as they host fun kids games for this Third Thursday.
- Craft Beer Tasting at The Piccolo Cafe from 5-to-8pm! It is no secret that the craft beer revolution is sweeping the nation, and beer-lovers have never had it better since the dark age of the Prohibition destroyed the rich and proud American brewing industry. Celebrate the return of quality, locally-crafted beers on Third Thursday at The Piccolo Cafe!
- Adult Story Hour Cancelled. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the ever-popular Adult Story Hour is cancelled this month, but it should resume in August.
Here is a complete list of all the local venues offering specials and hospitality for the current Third Thursday extravaganza: Third Thursday Events List.
Additionally, we have some really special and fun events for the whole family planned for Third Thursdays in Little Falls this summer! For a sneak preview, be sure to look at the online copy of the Summer 2014 Third Thursday Event Guide online here!
Get to know our local businesses better, and see all they have to offer! To learn more about additional Third Thursday specials from other Think Local participants, watch for press releases, friend the Think Local Little Falls Facebook page, or visit the Main Street First website for updates!