Third Thursdays in Little Falls - Shopping Bargains and Fun for All!
Shopping Small is Growing Large in Little Falls!
Shopper's Alert! The 3rd Thursday Street Festivals fill the historic Main Street District and Canal Place in Little Falls with fun, food, and awesome shopping bargains in the many unique stores!
Yes, every third Thursday of the month, downtown Little Falls throws itself a party! Shops and restaurants stay open late and offer Third Thursday special events. Although this Third Thursday promotion is brand new in Little Falls, we have exciting plans, and hope to grow it to include even more awesome shopping and entertainment opportunities as well as fun and unique events and activities!
Participating locally owned businesses displaying the yellow circle Think Local Little Falls logo will be offering specials, product samples, promotional offers, sale items, workshops, door prizes and/or hospitality. Many of the Third Thursday participating businesses will be Alive After Five to accommodate peoples hectic schedules, and will continue to offer specials.
Third Thursday, November 20th!
Be sure to come to Little Falls on November 20th for out monthly Third Thursday celebration featuring special cultural and entertainment events, as well as some great deals from participating merchants! Just a few of the really neat things to this month for this Third Thursday include:
- Beaujolais Nouveau at Canal Side Inn! French law requires that the Beaujolais Nouveau can only be released on the third Thursday in November! Be sure to taste the first wine of the new vintage at Canal Side Inn, and enjoy complimentary bar bites, from 5pm-9pm!
- Open Mic Nite! On Third Thursdays the Mohawk Valley Center for the Arts turns its gallery into a coffee house! Come on down from 7-9pm and share your musical talents, or just come and listen! Musicians can sign-up in advance or at the door, and each act runs 15 minutes. A sound system and piano are available. This month Little Falls Radio is recording the music (with your permisssion of course!) to be used on a CD to benefit the MVCA. The CD cover art is being designed by our won beloved Oscar Stivala!
- Free Movies! at Valley Cinema, starting at 6pm! Enjoy Big Hero 6 and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!
- Story Hour for Grown-Ups! Don't miss this really amazing literary event! This month's theme is gratefulness; Laura Powers will read a piece by Mary E. Wilkins Freeman. The fun starts at Gansevoort House Galleries at 5:30pm!
- Local Theater! Enjoy TWO short plays written and directed by Matt Powers. The theme is "New Play November." This wonderful new cultural event is brought to you by the Little Falls Theater Company (LiFT)!
- Wine-tasting! Are you lying awake at night wondering what wine to serve with your turkey dinner this month? Then come to the wine-tasting at Ann Street Liquor from 4-6pm and worry no more!
Get to know our local businesses better, and see all they have to offer! To learn more about additional Third Thursday specials from other Think Local participants, watch for press releases, friend the Think Local Little Falls Facebook page, or visit the Main Street First website for updates!